I’ve been keeping this one to myself for a long time, only a few people have been allowed the recipe.
However, I think it’s about time that everyone has a go. It’s the best cake I’ve ever made so I hope it works well for you too.
It’s really quick to make and tastes really really good.
Lemon Drizzle Yogurt Cake
- 1 x 150g pot of natural yogurt
- 1 pot of oil
- 2 pots of caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 pots of self raising flour
- zest of 2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 160°C
- Measure out all of the ingredients into a large bowl using the yogurt pot.
- Mix the ingredients together with a balloon whisk until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Transfer the mix into two small loaf tins, lined with baking parchment.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until the top is golden and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake.
- While the cake is still hot, squeeze over the juice of the two lemons and sprinkle a little caster sugar over the cake.
One thought on “Lemon Drizzle”
Pingback: thecrumbledbiscuit’s Orange Drizzle Cake | thecrumbledbiscuit